Southeastern will be holding one of their periodic “Meet the Managers” events at Cannon Street and London Bridge from 0800 to 1000 tomorrow (Tuesday) morning 5 January. If you travel through Cannon Street or London Bridge, please take a few moments to tell those responsible for your train service what you think of it and how it could be improved.
Issues you might raise:
- How can they justify fare increases at a time when passenger numbers are rising and their profits have doubled in the last year?
- Why do they have the most miserly Delay-Repay formula on the rail system?
- What you think of the new ticket design, and why there has not been more communication about these changes?
- Why there isn’t a better ticket offer on Southeastern for part-time workers?
- Why, after 10 days to get it right, were there still problems at London Bridge this morning?
- Why there is such a poor service during engineering works – at weekends and over the recent holiday period?
- What’s happened to the plans to install wifi on trains – or will this just be on HS1?
- Why it takes months to fix important but unchallenging issues like lighting or Permit-To-Travel machines at smaller stations like Dunton Green and Bat & Ball?
London Bridge is a big place. We understand that the manager will be by the barriers on the SE side of station near the exit to the bus terminal – those heading straight for the tube may miss them!
If you manage to speak to them, please share what they say with us!