We asked for comments on the proposed timetable changes for the first phase of the rebuilding of the Southeastern side of London Bridge. Thanks to all who contributed. We have now submitted our initial comments to Southeastern:
- there are serious issues with the pattern of services in the morning peak, which means that commuters both from Sevenoaks and from Dunton Green would face big gaps in services to Charing Cross/Waterloo East and to London Bridge/Cannon Street
- there is inadequate provision for those needing to leave Sevenoaks before 0700 to get to the City – the Charing Cross trains many City commuters use will no longer stop at London Bridge.
- the services from Charing Cross in the later part in the evening have been reduced too much.
- there is still lots of information to be provided including times of last trains, weekend services, opening of Cannon Street Underground station on a Sunday and use of rail tickets on the Underground.
- there is clearly going to be a lot of “engineering work”, especially on Sundays. We would like to see a standard alternative service, maintaining a 15 minute interval, rather than ad hoc arrangements different every weekend.
We have asked for further discussions with Southeastern, so please making comments and suggestions on the proposals which we can pursue with Southeastern.