Sevenoaks Rail Travellers Association are still working through the over 900 pages of small print of the Department for Transport’s specification for the new Southeastern franchise. Main points so far are:
- A cut in peak hour fast commuter trains to London – from ten in 2013 to eight in 2022. That means more overcrowding.
- A 50% cut in direct trains to and from Tunbridge Wells. Local commuters and school students could have to wait 30 minutes.
- No more direct trains from Sevenoaks to Hastings.
- No extension of the proven TfL Oyster/Contactless payment system to Sevenoaks.
- No extra seats between Sevenoaks and London