Information We Collect
- Information from your use of our service: We may get information about how and when you use the website and emails we send you. This information may include your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions taken by you within the website or email – such as which links you clicked. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our communications and improve the relevance of what we send you.
- Cookies: When you use our website, the software which we use normally stores “cookies,” on your computer. You may turn off cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser, but if you block our cookies, the website may not work as well, or at all.
- Third party services: Like other organisations we use a variety of third party services in the course of our work. They may also collect information about the use of their services, and they share some of it with us.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To promote the SRTA and our services to you.
- To communicate with you about your membership or other administrative matters. If you are not currently an SRTA member we may send you periodic invitations to become a fully paid-up member or support our work financial through a donation.
- To send you SMSs, emails, paper post or other communications about public transport or Sevenoaks issues which we consider you may find interesting or relevant. We aim to send no more than one email a week on average – although at times of rail disruption we may send several emails a day because we know that many members value frequent updates at these times.
- To pursue with rail or bus operators general issues arising from personal experiences you tell us about. This may include details of your journey. However we will only share your personal details if you explicitly authorise us to do so.
- To improve the quality, efficiency and relevance of the services which we provide to you, to others, and to the Sevenoaks community.
Protection of your personal information
Your personal information may be stored on computer systems. We seek to ensure that this information is password protected and only accessible to authorised people. Where it is stored on computers we control, we also ensure that the computer has the latest security updates and up to date anti-virus software.
We seek to ensure that the third party services we use have similar levels of protection of your information, and the privacy and confidentiality provisions of their service agreements with us are a significant factor in our decisions on which services to use.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise share our address or email lists for non-SRTA business, and where we use a third-party mailing service we require a similar undertaking that they will not disclose the address or email lists.
Third party services
We use the following third-party services for the following purposes:
|HostingUK.net||Hosting of srta.org.uk website; email distribution|
|WordPress.Com||Social and other functions on our website|
|Akismet.Com||Spam filtering of comments on our website|
|Google Mail||Sending and receipt of emails|
|Google Analytics||Usage analysis of our website|
|Amazon Web Services||Distribution of emails|
|MailChimp.com||Management of email distribution lists; despatch of emails; measurement and analysis of email communications|
Accuracy of Data, Transparency, and Choice
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do that. If your data changes (like a new email address), then you’re responsible for notifying us of those changes.
We’ll give you access to any Personal Information about you that we hold promptly on request.
On request we will delete the information we hold about you from our records and from the records we control at our third party service providers. However it is possible that information about you is held in logs and archives which we do not control.
Changes to this policy
We will keep this policy under review, and update it in the light of experience and of best practice from others. We will post a revised version on our website, and highlight the update in regular emails.
Questions and comments
We would welcome your questions or comments about this policy. Please email secretary [at] srta [dot] org [dot] uk
26 March 2014