A total of 105 minutes lateness – Southeastern 20, Thameslink 85 – a better month for Southeastern, but worse for Thameslink. Delay Repay Claims: total 1 January 2017 to 30 June 17 inclusive = £62.30 Keith is a SRTA member … Continue reading
The Sevenoaks Rail Travellers Association has responded to the draft Kent Route Study. Here is what we said: … Continue reading
A total of 99 minutes lateness – Southeastern 52, Thameslink 47 – the improvement of the past few months may be slipping. Delay Repay Claims: total 1 January to 31 May inclusive = £58.70 Keith is a SRTA member and … Continue reading
The Sevenoaks Rail Travellers Association has responded to the Consultation Paper on the 2018 Franchise.
Our recommendations for the next Franchise include:
- the extension of the Oyster-Contactless system to Dunton Green and Sevenoaks.
- a “carnet” ticket system for part-time and flexible workers.
- an obligation that ticket machines should sell the cheapest ticket for the journey.
- staffing at all stations and station toilets to be open throughout train service hours.
- a “turn up and go” service for assisted travel.
- all-night services from London via Sevenoaks to Tunbridge Wells.
- an additional refund for season ticket holders in case of chronic under-performance.
- measuring performance by whether customers are on time, not whether trains are on time
- recycling into a performance improvement fund excess compensation paid by Network Rail to Southeastern.
- representatives of customers and of local authorities on the board of the operating company.
A total of 80 minutes lateness. Delay Repay Claims: total 1 January 2017 to 30 April 2017 inclusive = £47.90 Keith is a SRTA member and a regular commuter from Bat & Ball to London via Sevenoaks. Each month he … Continue reading
In a number of recent presentations Network Rail have flashed a diagram that they call the “Galaxy Plan”. It’s been up for only a few seconds and the print has been too small to read. But we’ve used the Freedom … Continue reading