Since 2014 we have been supporting a group of local residents who have been lobbying Network Rail for the re-opening of the pedestrian route through “Morewood Arch” from Bosville Drive to Morewood Close. This gave a good walking route to … Continue reading
A total of 99 minutes lateness – Southeastern 52, Thameslink 47 – the improvement of the past few months may be slipping. Delay Repay Claims: total 1 January to 31 May inclusive = £58.70 Keith is a SRTA member and … Continue reading
We’re working hard on our response to Network Rail’s Kent Route Study. Buried in that document are long-term plans for the redevelopment of Charing Cross station over the river in the style of the new Blackfriars. It then says: “A new … Continue reading
The Sevenoaks Rail Travellers Association has responded to the Consultation Paper on the 2018 Franchise.
Our recommendations for the next Franchise include:
- the extension of the Oyster-Contactless system to Dunton Green and Sevenoaks.
- a “carnet” ticket system for part-time and flexible workers.
- an obligation that ticket machines should sell the cheapest ticket for the journey.
- staffing at all stations and station toilets to be open throughout train service hours.
- a “turn up and go” service for assisted travel.
- all-night services from London via Sevenoaks to Tunbridge Wells.
- an additional refund for season ticket holders in case of chronic under-performance.
- measuring performance by whether customers are on time, not whether trains are on time
- recycling into a performance improvement fund excess compensation paid by Network Rail to Southeastern.
- representatives of customers and of local authorities on the board of the operating company.
A total of 80 minutes lateness. Delay Repay Claims: total 1 January 2017 to 30 April 2017 inclusive = £47.90 Keith is a SRTA member and a regular commuter from Bat & Ball to London via Sevenoaks. Each month he … Continue reading
We have been working hard on our responses to the many questions in the consultation paper on the requirements for the new Southeastern franchise from December 2018. There’s lots to say, and we will be sharing some of our draft … Continue reading