A total of 200 minutes delay – Southeastern 78, Thameslink 122. The last few months’ improvements seem to reversed. Delay Repay Claims; total 1 January to 31 July inclusive = £73.10 Keith is a SRTA member and a regular commuter … Continue reading
Since 2014 we have been supporting a group of local residents who have been lobbying Network Rail for the re-opening of the pedestrian route through “Morewood Arch” from Bosville Drive to Morewood Close. This gave a good walking route to … Continue reading
A total of 99 minutes lateness – Southeastern 52, Thameslink 47 – the improvement of the past few months may be slipping. Delay Repay Claims: total 1 January to 31 May inclusive = £58.70 Keith is a SRTA member and … Continue reading
We’re working hard on our response to Network Rail’s Kent Route Study. Buried in that document are long-term plans for the redevelopment of Charing Cross station over the river in the style of the new Blackfriars. It then says: “A new … Continue reading
The Sevenoaks Rail Travellers Association has responded to the Consultation Paper on the 2018 Franchise.
Our recommendations for the next Franchise include:
- the extension of the Oyster-Contactless system to Dunton Green and Sevenoaks.
- a “carnet” ticket system for part-time and flexible workers.
- an obligation that ticket machines should sell the cheapest ticket for the journey.
- staffing at all stations and station toilets to be open throughout train service hours.
- a “turn up and go” service for assisted travel.
- all-night services from London via Sevenoaks to Tunbridge Wells.
- an additional refund for season ticket holders in case of chronic under-performance.
- measuring performance by whether customers are on time, not whether trains are on time
- recycling into a performance improvement fund excess compensation paid by Network Rail to Southeastern.
- representatives of customers and of local authorities on the board of the operating company.
A total of 80 minutes lateness. Delay Repay Claims: total 1 January 2017 to 30 April 2017 inclusive = £47.90 Keith is a SRTA member and a regular commuter from Bat & Ball to London via Sevenoaks. Each month he … Continue reading