Since 2014 we have been supporting a group of local residents who have been lobbying Network Rail for the re-opening of the pedestrian route through “Morewood Arch” from Bosville Drive to Morewood Close. This gave a good walking route to … Continue reading
The Sevenoaks Rail Travellers Association has responded to the draft Kent Route Study. Here is what we said: … Continue reading
We’re working hard on our response to Network Rail’s Kent Route Study. Buried in that document are long-term plans for the redevelopment of Charing Cross station over the river in the style of the new Blackfriars. It then says: “A new … Continue reading
Arriva’s proposal to axe the 402 bus between Sevenoaks and Bromley has attracted a lot of local criticism. The plan continues to be surprising as our own observations have shown that in the morning between Sevenoaks and Knockholt there are always … Continue reading
The Sevenoaks Rail Travellers Association has responded to the Consultation Paper on the 2018 Franchise.
Our recommendations for the next Franchise include:
- the extension of the Oyster-Contactless system to Dunton Green and Sevenoaks.
- a “carnet” ticket system for part-time and flexible workers.
- an obligation that ticket machines should sell the cheapest ticket for the journey.
- staffing at all stations and station toilets to be open throughout train service hours.
- a “turn up and go” service for assisted travel.
- all-night services from London via Sevenoaks to Tunbridge Wells.
- an additional refund for season ticket holders in case of chronic under-performance.
- measuring performance by whether customers are on time, not whether trains are on time
- recycling into a performance improvement fund excess compensation paid by Network Rail to Southeastern.
- representatives of customers and of local authorities on the board of the operating company.
Southeastern are slipping in a second rise in fares this year. Some popular fares are going up by 3.4% from 21 May – so an off-peak return from Sevenoaks to London Terminals rises from £11.90 to £12.30. That’s in addition to … Continue reading